Episode 017: For Parents: Countering Childhood Obesity
I am dedicating this episode to many of you who are near and dear to my heart: parents. As parents, we have an awesome obligation to raise, care for, educate, and provide for our children. However, the single largest healthcare concern American parents face today is childhood obesity. Childhood obesity can lead to other health complications in our kids, like Type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. So, in this episode, I share some practical ways we can counter childhood obesity to keep our children healthy and teach them how to grow into healthy adults.
Enjoy and thanks for listening!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Stanford Online – Child Nutrition and Cooking (Maya Adam)
- BMI Calculator for Children
- Nutrition.gov Children’s Page
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service Department Core Nutrition Messages Especially for Moms
- AHA: Overweight in Children
- AHA: Preventing Childhood Obesity: Tips for Parents and Caretakers
- AHA: Dietary Recommendations for Healthy Children
Other ways to enjoy this episode:
Keep the Conversation Going…